UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-06-2024, 08:20 PM

I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said. 29kg is the weight of my full doll. But she is slender and 156cm. However she does seem to be a little heavier than that.

I was thinking the same. 29kg is fairly light, thinking full doll. But 29kg is probably more on the heavy side for a torso doll. There are some dolls with a reduced weight feature. Not sure if that is available with some torso dolls.
Old 21-06-2024, 09:44 PM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
Give yourself a little longer to get used to the technique m8, as it's all new to you at this point
Knowing the centre of balance and where to lift from is key
Then it's a case of making sure to use your arms and legs to lift without straining your back

If that doesn't work out for you, a torso with shorter legs should be lighter
Awesome! Thanks for the advice mate! I can’t post her up for sale for a few days so between now and then I’ll see how it goes and if I’m able to get used to the weight of her/understand how to move her about! I’m kinda small myself so that doesn’t help 😂 I’ll see how it goes!
Old 21-06-2024, 09:49 PM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senso View Post
I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said. 29kg is the weight of my full doll. But she is slender and 156cm. However she does seem to be a little heavier than that.

I was thinking the same. 29kg is fairly light, thinking full doll. But 29kg is probably more on the heavy side for a torso doll. There are some dolls with a reduced weight feature. Not sure if that is available with some torso dolls.
Yeah it’s funny right?! I guess 29kg but spread across this big is what took me by surprise I guess! On paper I was the same, thought it wouldn’t be an issue but hey Ho!�� definitely glad I got her even if it has been the wrong move for now, at least it’s really opened my eyes and been exactly what I needed to understand dolls.

Ooo that’s great to know! I’ll see if there are torsos with this feature! It’s funny that I’ve done more research after buying rather than before buying… that was a rookie move but it has put everything into perspective of what I could actually handle!
Old 21-06-2024, 11:57 PM
Bronze Member

29kg is definitely manageable but it's new to you so it's bound to take a bit of getting used to. Just keep working on those muscles, do some weight training if you need to, make sure to protect your back, and you'll soon get the hang of her.

You'll take a massive loss if you decide to sell her on so you may as well stick with it for a few months. Fun time with a doll when you're used to the weight can be a LOT of fun but you need to be patient with yourself.
Old 22-06-2024, 03:46 AM
Bronze Member

Weight will always be an issue even the reduced weight dolls are still around high 20s.
As you say your short then look at the Sugarbabe Dolls 148s they are only 25kg, as other have said everybody is wee bit shocked by weight at the start but you do get use to it,
My 1st doll was 25kg and I was shocked I'm now proud owner of a 39kg girl and pretty use to it..
I just pull her arms in and give her a bear hug to move.
Old 22-06-2024, 06:24 AM
Gold Member

Hi Calex

My three TPE ladies are 40kg, 36kg and 31kg. It takes practice but you can learn to move them once you establish their centre of gravity and develop a good technique.
My first doll, Harper, is 36kg and getting her out of the box and upstairs gave me the best workout I’d ever had! But now I’ve learnt that with her, if I carry her in the ‘bridal’ position (one arm under her bent knees, the other under her back, with her arm over my shoulder) I can shift her around quite comfortably.

However, I’ve still looked at lighter dolls. I know some manufacturers are doing weight reduction models but I’ve read about concerns the quality of the inner core isn’t so good.
But I’ve also found that TAYU dolls are much much lighter in weight. I have one on my wish list which is 150cm and 19kg!

Whatever you decide on, owning dolls can be great fun.
Good luck.
Old 22-06-2024, 07:08 AM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotDolls View Post
29kg is definitely manageable but it's new to you so it's bound to take a bit of getting used to. Just keep working on those muscles, do some weight training if you need to, make sure to protect your back, and you'll soon get the hang of her.

You'll take a massive loss if you decide to sell her on so you may as well stick with it for a few months. Fun time with a doll when you're used to the weight can be a LOT of fun but you need to be patient with yourself.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah absolutely I’m going to see how it goes with her and see how I find her as I can’t actually put her up yet. It’s reassuring how many do say it just takes getting used to! My other issue is my housemate which I knew from the get go so not really sure what I was thinking lol! I guess I didn’t consider the effort of cleaning a doll this weight.

Yeah that’s my biggest worry, I’ve come to terms I’ll definitely take a pretty big hit on what I’ve paid for her but that’s my only hesitation waiting a few months is that currently she only 2 days old and brand new (other than being washed) so wondering if she’d be easier to sell currently and maybe help me claw back a little bit more than if I come to sell her in a few months.

Yeah it’s so reassuring hearing everyone’s advice though! Looking forward to being a new owner where it’s with this girl or another one for the time being but definitely can see me getting into wanting full sized ones once I have my own place!
Old 22-06-2024, 07:14 AM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_ View Post
Weight will always be an issue even the reduced weight dolls are still around high 20s.
As you say your short then look at the Sugarbabe Dolls 148s they are only 25kg, as other have said everybody is wee bit shocked by weight at the start but you do get use to it,
My 1st doll was 25kg and I was shocked I'm now proud owner of a 39kg girl and pretty use to it..
I just pull her arms in and give her a bear hug to move.
Hey Mac,

Yeah it’s defo been eye opening today the least! Thanks for the recommendation on the shorter dolls I’ll for sure look into these!

It is amazing hearing everyone’s stories on how shocked they were at the start, I guess as I become more experienced with dolls that will always stick with me now! Oh wow 39kg!? It’s really reassuring that it’s hopefully just a matter of time and getting used to then!

Thanks mate, looking forward to it!
Old 22-06-2024, 07:19 AM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedzed View Post
Hi Calex

My three TPE ladies are 40kg, 36kg and 31kg. It takes practice but you can learn to move them once you establish their centre of gravity and develop a good technique.
My first doll, Harper, is 36kg and getting her out of the box and upstairs gave me the best workout I’d ever had! But now I’ve learnt that with her, if I carry her in the ‘bridal’ position (one arm under her bent knees, the other under her back, with her arm over my shoulder) I can shift her around quite comfortably.

However, I’ve still looked at lighter dolls. I know some manufacturers are doing weight reduction models but I’ve read about concerns the quality of the inner core isn’t so good.
But I’ve also found that TAYU dolls are much much lighter in weight. I have one on my wish list which is 150cm and 19kg!

Whatever you decide on, owning dolls can be great fun.
Good luck.
Woah so all pretty decent weight dolls! Again it’s reassuring to hear! Yeah that’s literally how I felt when I was even just taking the delivery box she came in upstairs! I think that’s when my first thought of ‘what have I done’ cropped into my head haha! Then when I washed her I was like well damn, have I bitter off more than I can chew haha! But it’s all fun!

I’ve definitely found myself trying to carry her and manoeuvre her in different ways, and some I have now found to be much easier than others! Thanks for the heads up on quality concerns for weight reduction dolls! I’ll do a bit more looking into it! I’ll have a look at TAYU too!

Thanks mate! I’ll see how it goes!
Old 22-06-2024, 09:17 AM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

I realize you are considering selling, but if there is no skeleton in the legs, could you perhaps shorten them and probably lose a good 8+kg?

- - -

Tags
lovenestle, newbie, sale, savannah, sell