Hello people. Just introducing myself. Ive just registered today.

Rubenite

Hi everyone. I'm a new member. I registered in the hope of finding good advice and knowledge in regards to adult companion dolls.

I've yet to purchase one. I've been doing quite a lot of research but, as is normal with the Internet these days, it's hard to filter the good from the bad.

I have a lot of questions. Mostly to do with quality vs cost really and trusted vendors. It has taken me some time to arrive at the point of wanting/needing a doll for my personal gratification and company at night. I'm 60 now, my wife passed away a few years back. I work long hours for not a great deal if money. I really have no interest in looking for a new partner. I've come to enjoy my own company and to be honest, just can't be bothered with the whole dating game.

I'm glad to of found this forum because I think I will find help and advice here. Buying a doll is not cheap (though definitely cheaper than the whole dating game).

My first question is:- has anyone ever bought a doll from Temu? They look as good as ones I've seen on Rosemary Doll website. But not a great deal of valuable info. As the majority of dolls come from China, it seemed logical to cut out much of the "middle men" by going to a Chinese market place. Some of my favourite dolls are from WM Dolls which are manufactured in China and from what I understand are one of the best brands on the market. But, for my first purchase I'm loath to pay out £1700.00 in case I find it's not for me. I have found a doll that looks almost exactly like my wife when I met her 40yrs ago. It's a WM doll, I've also found one very similar on Temu.

So. Has anyone bought one from Temu and is there any advice you guys can offer someone completely new to there dolls?

Hi Rubenite and welcome to the forum.
I've never used Temu so I can't give you anything useful. I would recommend buying from a UK based vendor with stock here in the country such as The Doll House, Cloud Climax or Lucidtoys.
Lucid have dolls prefigured in stock at reasonable prices.
I'm sure other members will point you in the right direction as well.

Hi everyone. I'm a new member. I registered in the hope of finding good advice and knowledge in regards to adult companion dolls.

I've yet to purchase one. I've been doing quite a lot of research but, as is normal with the Internet these days, it's hard to filter the good from the bad.

I have a lot of questions. Mostly to do with quality vs cost really and trusted vendors. It has taken me some time to arrive at the point of wanting/needing a doll for my personal gratification and company at night. I'm 60 now, my wife passed away a few years back. I work long hours for not a great deal if money. I really have no interest in looking for a new partner. I've come to enjoy my own company and to be honest, just can't be bothered with the whole dating game.

I'm glad to of found this forum because I think I will find help and advice here. Buying a doll is not cheap (though definitely cheaper than the whole dating game).

My first question is:- has anyone ever bought a doll from Temu? They look as good as ones I've seen on Rosemary Doll website. But not a great deal of valuable info. As the majority of dolls come from China, it seemed logical to cut out much of the "middle men" by going to a Chinese market place. Some of my favourite dolls are from WM Dolls which are manufactured in China and from what I understand are one of the best brands on the market. But, for my first purchase I'm loath to pay out £1700.00 in case I find it's not for me. I have found a doll that looks almost exactly like my wife when I met her 40yrs ago. It's a WM doll, I've also found one very similar on Temu.

So. Has anyone bought one from Temu and is there any advice you guys can offer someone completely new to there dolls?
Hi 👋 Rubenite

Good to have you on board.
I’ve only been into dolls myself since last October.
Not exactly the same situation as yourself but I’ll be 60 this autumn and was divorced 8 years ago. Haven’t had a serious relationship since and the internet dating game went nowhere.
I’ve not bought from Temu (although I’ve bought lots of clothes/jewellery from them for my now, six dolls (yes, six!). It’s a lot of fun and I enjoy photographing them (look on my threads, “Jedzed’s Ladies” and “Harper” in the Interactive doll forum. Also “Cindy Lovegood” in the Introduction forum.

What I would say is that I echo Andyman’s comment completely. If you buy from Temu and there’s a problem or you don’t like it, then you have no recourse. Returns to them are a nightmare. You really don’t know what you’re getting either. Weight is a really important factor to consider.
You’re much better off going via a UK vendor as you then have insurance and customer support - and having bought four dolls via Lucid Toys, they’re a reasonable vendor with some good quality, but relatively inexpensive dolls - and delivery is within a short few days.
If you’re new to this I would very highly recommend the Kimber Deluxe doll (Cindy Lovegood is one). Really good quality, gel breasts, articulated rather than wire, fingers. And actually for a very good price (especially if you’re unsure). Delivery is within 48 hours usually.
The Doll House is a very good website too - they deal with WM Dolls if you have your heart set on one. Ask for Phil - he’s a doll lover himself and he’ll guide you in the right direction. He’s just helped me purchase a WM doll which I should receive in about 4-6 weeks. Brilliant customer service.

Hope this all helps, you’ll find plenty of people on this site willing to help answer any questions you have.

Best Wishes
J

Hi Rubenite and welcome to the forum.
I've never used Temu so I can't give you anything useful. I would recommend buying from a UK based vendor with stock here in the country such as The Doll House, Cloud Climax or Lucidtoys.
Lucid have dolls prefigured in stock at reasonable prices.
I'm sure other members will point you in the right direction as well.
PS: Where do you live? I’m in West Wales and you’d be welcome to come and see my dolls first if you wanted to and felt the distance wasn’t too much?

Hello and welcome, nice to see you ask before you buy.
It‘s easy for a shop to use the marketing photos of established doll brands and then sell something vaguely similar. When something seems to be good to be true it most likely is a knockoff and not the original. This does not mean it must be a bad doll but different.

Just look at unboxings or factory photos they look different and you won‘t really be able to tell the difference. Temu, Aliexpress, Ebay, Amazon should be avoided for dolls. Have a look at Kimber doll if you don‘t want or can spend that much. Or even a second hand doll.

Good luck and have a look around here

Jo

PS: Where do you live? I’m in West Wales and you’d be welcome to come and see my dolls first if you wanted to and felt the distance wasn’t too much?
Perhaps just being friendly, and no offence to the OP, but I certainly wouldn't want to be inviting someone that A. I don't know. B. That is new to a forum and C. Not spoken to before to my house. :oops:

But welcome Rubenite to the forum. I have dealt with both Cloud Climax and Lucid Toys and both are good reputable companies. The dolls you see on Temu, would not enter the country as they are very small and some look very child like too, you would purchase them and they would get seized at Customs. Best to stick with UK based companies. Lucid Toys - if you live near Oxford - allow you to visit their warehouse too and they are very friendly and don't make you feel uncomfortable. It's literally an Adults Toys 'я' Us with doll boxes stacked to the ceiling. Cloudclimax has a bigger ranger of dolls on their site and you can live chat with them or email. Kimberdoll is also a good starter doll too, with their new Kimber Deluxe.

Last edited:
Perhaps just being friendly, and no offence to the OP, but I certainly wouldn't want to be inviting someone that A. I don't know. B. That is new to a forum and C. Not spoken to before to my house. :oops:

But welcome Rubenite to the forum. I have dealt with both Cloud Climax and Lucid Toys and both are good reputable companies. The dolls you see on Temu, would not enter the country as they are very small and some look very child like too, you would purchase them and they would get seized at Customs. Best to stick with UK based companies. Lucid Toys - if you live near Oxford - allow you to visit their warehouse too and they are very friendly and don't make you feel uncomfortable. It's literally an Adults Toys 'я' Us with doll boxes stacked to the ceiling. Cloudclimax has a bigger ranger of dolls on their site and you can live chat with them or email. Kimberdoll is also a good starter doll too, with their new Kimber Deluxe.
Thanks Gav. I’m just a very welcoming person. Mind you, having been trained by a certain ‘Regiment’ in the army (and thus being able to use even a spoon in a defensive manner, I’m pretty relaxed), I can look after myself.
Any trouble from visitors and I set Harper on them anyway. She can be pretty scary if she needs to be 🤣.

Didn’t know you could visit Lucid Toys. Think I’ll go and have a look myself. Probably come away with yet another doll for the harem 😁

Welcome Rubenite!

I agree. Best to buy from trusted vendors and avoid risky Temu etc. I don't trust doll sites that don't show the doll brands. At best they are usually selling knock-offs using just the photos of the genuine dolls.
I also heard that Kimberdoll has good lower price dolls. I guess they don't have all the options of more expensive dolls, but customers have given good reviews.

Welcome Rubenite!

I agree. Best to buy from trusted vendors and avoid risky Temu etc. I don't trust doll sites that don't show the doll brands. At best they are usually selling knock-offs using just the photos of the genuine dolls.
I also heard that Kimberdoll has good lower price dolls. I guess they don't have all the options of more expensive dolls, but customers have given good reviews.
Yes, highly recommend the Kimber Deluxe.
Here’s a photo of mine taken this week.

IMG_9699.jpeg

Actually I’ve just been looking at those dolls on Temu - don’t touch them !!!
Those images aren’t accurate. You won’t get the doll shown, they’re just using images from recognised manufacturers. When you look at the specified height, they fall beneath the legal limit of dolls that can be imported into the UK (148 cm). They’ll be seized at customs as Gav says.

Actually I’ve just been looking at those dolls on Temu - don’t touch them !!!
Those images aren’t accurate. You won’t get the doll shown, they’re just using images from recognised manufacturers. When you look at the specified height, they fall beneath the legal limit of dolls that can be imported into the UK (148 cm). They’ll be seized at customs as Gav says.
Not only may your doll be seized by customs, you could well get a visit by the police and have all your electronic devices checked for illegal material. Not something I'd be to keen on. Best stick with a UK vendor, that way you'll be safe and know what quality you'll get.

Lotta Kimbers coming to the forum (y) They are a great starter doll and even better if Deluxe. Heck, you can even put clothes on them :LOL:

(Standard on the left, Deluxe on the right)

Note that Deluxe has articulated fingers; 'old Kim' would never have made a good Sandman :)

Last edited:
....aaaand one other thing to note with Ms. Kimber is that you can replace her head with the WM lady who piqued your interest later down the rabbit hole...

Welcome!! 👋

Welcome to the Forum, Rubenite. In my view if you are new to the world of love dolls the most important thing, as Jedzed mentioned, is not to under estimate the weight. A heavy doll needs careful planning when taking her from room to room and can be difficult to dress/undress.

Back