Hello, it's great to be here!

Hi Graham, good to have you here.

I'm a relative newbie to the doll scene having purchased my first doll a few months ago.
I think if you do your research and ask the guys here for advice (which they will give in abundance) you will be very happy with your new companion. And with them being so life-like it really helps you if you you are feeling lonely sometimes ( which it has with me going through a very difficult divorce).

I'd come up with an explanation for the delivery driver though, the boxes are bloody heavy and you will get a comment :D

Good advice on story for the delivery driver. Lucid put electronic fragile stickers on the box so I told the driver it was a big hifi system.

Hi Graham, good to have you here.

I'm a relative newbie to the doll scene having purchased my first doll a few months ago.
I think if you do your research and ask the guys here for advice (which they will give in abundance) you will be very happy with your new companion. And with them being so life-like it really helps you if you you are feeling lonely sometimes ( which it has with me going through a very difficult divorce).

I'd come up with an explanation for the delivery driver though, the boxes are bloody heavy and you will get a comment :D
Thanks for the advice. I am looking for as lightweight doll as possible (bad back!) so hopefully it won't be quite as bad as that. Some of the dolls do appear to be incredibly heavy so not sure how you guys cope with that but I would have to avoid those. I am assuming that I actually go ahead and buy one but even that isn't definite yet and the weight could even become the deciding factor. Just being on here is a good start though.

One thing that hasnt been mentioned (i dont think) is how nice it is to just have them with you all comfy and cosy and keeping you company

picture.php

K
Wow! That is an incredibly lifelike photo, The pose, the clothes, the look is so natural. It must have taken quite some time to pose her like that? She is beautiful, When I first saw the photo I had to remind myself that she isn't alive! I don't normally rave about photos, any photos, as I am interested in photography myself and perhaps sometimes set my expectations too high but your photo is inspiring to say the least. You are very lucky to have her in your life that is for sure. Who is she?

Wow! That is an incredibly lifelike photo, The pose, the clothes, the look is so natural. It must have taken quite some time to pose her like that? She is beautiful, When I first saw the photo I had to remind myself that she isn't alive! I don't normally rave about photos, any photos, as I am interested in photography myself and perhaps sometimes set my expectations too high but your photo is inspiring to say the least. You are very lucky to have her in your life that is for sure. Who is she?

Why Thank you, Sir.

She's Maddie, my WM158G Thread here

She's my muse and 2nd bed buddy. the never ending draw for my eyes and hands, and is never happier than when she's comfy cosy and reading a book with a cup of Cocoa.

My Dad came round not long back. He knows about my girls and has met most of them, but never met Maddie, just seen pics. She was downstairs as I had just finished a shoot and wanted him to meet her. He said he kept expecting her to speak as she sat with us whilst we chatted.

K

Why Thank you, Sir.

She's Maddie, my WM158G Thread here

She's my muse and 2nd bed buddy. the never ending draw for my eyes and hands, and is never happier than when she's comfy cosy and reading a book with a cup of Cocoa.

My Dad came round not long back. He knows about my girls and has met most of them, but never met Maddie, just seen pics. She was downstairs as I had just finished a shoot and wanted him to meet her. He said he kept expecting her to speak as she sat with us whilst we chatted.

K
Maddie truly is amazing. I can certainly understand your dad’s reaction expecting her to speak. All the photos of her are very nice but there is something special about this photo. You are very lucky to have her company at night. When I first decided to join this group I was unsure what it was all really about but I think I understand now. The girls are extremely important people in your lives and rightly so. I wish I could be more decisive about what to do next but for now I shall have to be content with the photos of your companions and admire them from a distance.

Thanks for the advice. I am looking for as lightweight doll as possible (bad back!) so hopefully it won't be quite as bad as that. Some of the dolls do appear to be incredibly heavy so not sure how you guys cope with that but I would have to avoid those. I am assuming that I actually go ahead and buy one but even that isn't definite yet and the weight could even become the deciding factor. Just being on here is a good start though.

I think it also depends on what you want her for, if it just for sitting pretty and something nice to look at then weight isn't as much of an issue. If you want to take photos of her the she will be heavy to move to different locations. If you want to do other things with her :whistle: then the weight and strength needed to move limbs etc may be an issue (Melissa's legs can be quite stiff and require some thrusting). And then you also have clean up routine afterwards but that's another story...

TV
Yeah, I think he's dithered long enough... :tu
Haha I shall be dithering a lot longer as I am not ready to order yet. I need to be sure to get it right. I am sure to hit that button one day but that day is not today. I can't tell you how many doll seller's websites I have signed up to and how many dolls I have looked at. I am sure my perfect girl is out there but I haven't found her yet. When I do you wil definitely know about it,

Take your time and make sure she's right for you. The first one is a big commitment money wise. If you have the patience it might be worth waiting for the black Friday sale at Lucid.
I've bought a couple of the clearance dolls from them with repairs that are within my skill range so they might be an option for you.

Take your time and make sure she's right for you. The first one is a big commitment money wise. If you have the patience it might be worth waiting for the black Friday sale at Lucid.
I've bought a couple of the clearance dolls from them with repairs that are within my skill range so they might be an option for you.
Thanks for the advice. The cost is part of the issue I think as most of the dolls I like are above what I would ideally want to pay (expensive tastes!). Then there is the weight as I really need to be very mindful of that. I do like Asian girls but the doll doest necessarily have to be Asian. One thing I think that is limiting my choice is the fact that I prefer the dolls to be more mature. I want them to look like they are about 30 years old not 18 or 20 but for some reason most of those that do look a little older seem to be bigger. Just because I want a girl in her thirties doesn’t mean I want her to be large and curvy and have big breasts! What's wrong with a slim, medium breasted thirty year old? And if she happens to be Asian, is of a manageable weight and not excessively expensive I may have found the ideal. This is going to take a long time but I really don’t mind.

There are ways to get around that. Find the body you want with the weight criteria and then choose a head you like. Irontec sell a head listed as Tracey on Lucid in their Racy range. She looks a little more mature to me.
Heads are generally interchangeable, I have a 6ye body with a wm head in Jessica.

Back